The American Association of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) is the premier professional organization in healthcare administrative management. AAHAM's mission is to provide education, certification, networking, and advocacy for healthcare revenue cycle professionals.
The Maryland Chapter continues this mission at a local level through our continual education.
A message from our Chapter President
Dear Maryland AAHAM Members,
As 2015 draws to a close, so does my term as your President. It is hard to believe that it is over, the time has flown by. During my term, I have had an amazing two years, and have been truly blessed to have been awarded the opportunity to work with such a wonderful organization full of dedicated members. Maryland AAHAM is truly blessed to have such a strong foundation to allow us to grow and branch out. It is to the credit of the membership and the people who served and many who continue to serve on our Board of Directors that we have continued to grow and evolve in our ever changing and dynamic industry.
I would like to take a moment to highlight some of the accomplishments the organization has made over the past two years.
- We continue to be the only Chapter with 400+ National Members.
- We have won 1st place in Chapter Excellence in 2014, and Second Place in 2015.
- We have won 1st place in the Journal award three consecutive years.
- We were recognized for having the most members of any chapter.
- We were recognized for having the highest retention rates for our members.
- We continue to provide webinars and training programs for certifications.
- We went green in our monthly meetings, and instituted online registration.
- We have adopted a new “Home” for our monthly meetings at The HOTEL.
- We have had a presence in the National Board, first Charlie Myers, who led the WEDI Sub Group, and now with Kate Clark and myself, chairing the Educational & Executive Certification Committees.
- We created a Charitable Committee in an effort to give back both time and money into the communities we live in and serve.
- The Board of Directors was restructured to allow us to further our mission while accommodating our large membership population.
- We introduced new technology into our Annual Institute, Guidebook and Social QA.
- Gary Hickman, and Pete Ash Jr, CRCS, both received the National Bill Spare award for their contributions to AAHAM on a national level.
- Maryland Members have benefited from National Scholarship awards.
- We have had and continue to have an amazing group of sponsors who do so much to help us further the mission of AAHAM.
I want to thank all of those who have served on the Board of Directors and those who have volunteered their time and efforts to continue to make our Chapter so successful. During our journey together many of us have received something very special, we began as colleague and ended up with friendships that share a wonderful and common bond. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep this organization moving forward, and without these individuals and their dedication to our mission, none of it would have been possible. Thank you all!
We now host our monthly meetings at The Hotel at Arundel Preserve. Overall our feedback from membership has been good and we plan to use them for our upcoming Installation Banquet on January 30, 2016 as well as our 2016 monthly meetings. We look forward to your continued feedback regarding our educational sessions. It is important to us that we continue to provide quality educational programs to our membership.
Maryland AAHAM continues to be the largest chapter within the United States. We currently have 406 National Members, which sets us apart from many. Please continue to share with your coworkers and staff the benefits of joining Maryland AAHAM.
Your 2016-2017 Board of Directors are:
Kristina Donahue, CRCE – Chairman of the Board
Erin Miskelly, CRCE – President
Kayla Walton, CRCE – 1st Vice President
Bernadette Debelius, CRCS – 2nd Vice President
John Thomson – Treasurer
Hollie Miller – Secretary
Board of Directors
Pete Ash, Jr, CRCS; Kate Austin, CRCE; Kim Cobb-Jimenez, CRCE; Gary Hickman; KC Lycett; Chris Mazzulli; Karen Moore, CRCE; Kimberly Scribner, CRCE; Andrew Rossetti; Mike Watkins; Amy Weber, CRCP, CPC; Miguel Wilkens.
I would like to thank, Beth Franzak, CRCE; Chuck Poggioli, CRCE; Renee Massey; Bridget Ferst, CRCP; Erica Berg; and Donti Blout for their time and dedication to our board and their work towards furthering our mission throughout their tenure.
I look forward to seeing you at our Installation Dinner to install the new 2016-2017 Board of Directors for Maryland AAHAM. The Installation Dinner will be held on January 30th at The HOTEL.
In closing, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve you as your Maryland AAHAM President. I am excited to see this chapter continue down its successful path under new leadership. I look forward to serving as the Chairman of the Board and watching the new and exciting ideas for our chapter come to life!
MD AAHAM Chapter President
Kristina Donahue, CRCS-I, BS, CRCE-I